May is almost here and now is the perfect time to start planning your content calendar ahead of time!
May is National Pet Month! That means that you have all the more reason to sing the praises of your pet(s) and let everyone know how they have personally impacted your life for the better. There are so many ways to celebrate, here are just a few ideas:
- You can use this as an opportunity to engage with your audience on a very personal level and share real stories of how you got your animals, what they mean to you, and how you interact every day.
- You can promote responsible pet ownership by encouraging people to get their animals spayed/neutered and microchipped.
- You can support local fosters and shelters in your community by donating time or money.
- You can encourage people to foster or rescue a furever friend of their own.
- You can spend lots of time pampering your fur babies and showing them how much you love them.
May is also National Chip Your Pet Month, and we definitely encourage anyone who hasn’t already to please microchip your pets! Microchips are one of the most effective ways to ensure that you will be reunited with your pet should they ever get lost. Veterinary clinics (and sometimes local animal shelters) offer microchipping services, typically for under $50, and it is generally a pain-free process for your pet. Please ask your veterinarian if you have any questions and help us spread the word about microchipping!
There are lots of fun and interesting holidays in May that can help make your social media posts POP! Now is a great time to start planning out your posts and getting super creative. Don’t worry if planning your posts ahead of time seems too overwhelming, there are plenty of apps out there that can help. Do a little research and find one that fits you best and give it a shot! As with most things, a little time, effort and planning can go a LONG way with your social media presence.
Here at Pets on Q we love to see all the amazing content you put together, so please remember to tag us for your chance to be featured!